POSING FOR PHYSIQUE DIVISION OF NPC EVENTS
This is an example of what the Physique division of NPC events competitors are all about.
You see many different age groups, body styles, levels of physicality; but I want you to take special notice of their POSING. They are required to show good proportion, balance, conditioning and symmetry; but to also do it without “flexing” or using standard bodybuilding poses.
▪ Which of these men meet all the criteria and who would you pick as the winner?
▪ What characteristic or personality aspect shows through to you as a spectator?
▪ Which says “confidence?”
▪ Which says, “let’s get this over with.”
These are amateur physique athletes responding to this new division of competitive “bodybuilding”, where they’re marked down for excess muscularity.
▪ What exactly are we looking for as a competitor?
▪ A spectator?
▪ A fan?
▪ A judge?
▪ What makes the top 5, top 5?
▪ A smile? A stance? A suit selection? And what type of “POSE” is the winning pose?
This is the first in an ongoing series designed to inform the competitive physique athlete of how to improve performance when it comes down to that critical stage minute, which can make or break months of training. Please Visit my Facebook/Physique Posing page, or respond here or on YouTube/TomTypinski where you’ll find many, many of the greatest examples of Dream Video’s Bodybuilding, Bikini, Fitness, Figure and Physique Athletes.